The EurOCEAN 2023 conference will take place this week on 10 -11 October 2023 as an in-person event in Vigo, Spain. PREP4BLUE partners from EUROMARINE, MaREI and ERINN Innovation will attend to represent the project, learn more about the work being done to support the objectives of the EU Mission: Restore our Ocean and Waters by 2030 and explore opportunities for collaboration with other Mission stakeholders.
The aim of the EurOCEAN 2023 is to highlight the synergies between the Mission, other EU research initiatives, and the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development. The conference will provide a forum for the marine and maritime research community and wider stakeholders to interact with European and Member State policymakers and strategic planners. Stakeholders in attendance include marine policy makers, marine scientists, science communicators, maritime industry representatives and European and national decision makers and programme managers.
Conference topics will address:
- Enabling ecosystem-based management for fisheries and conservation
- Addressing pharmaceutical pollution from inland to sea
- Transforming ports at the interface between land, society and the Blue Economy
- Ensuring ocean knowledge in the age of the Digital Ocean
- Changing humanity’s relationship with the ocean: youth and art as agents of change
- Resilience of coastal cities
- What’s next: rallying actions for our Ocean and Waters