Aiming to help create the foundations for co-creating and co-implementing the research and innovation required to achieve Mission Restore our Ocean and Waters by 2030 (MO), PREP4BLUE partner Blue Cluster is organising a workshop on Stakeholder Engagement on the 17th October 2023 in Brussels.
PREP4BLUE’s Work Package 6 develops a multidisciplinary, multi-stakeholder approach involving industry, public authorities, citizens, academia and associations while regarding the environment as fundamental for social innovation.
A digital toolbox assessing criteria dependent methodologies and guidelines as well as a concept note to feed into the needs of future missions are being drafted. The aim of this workshop is to finetune these methodologies and their accuracy for the MO and to gather valuable input.
During this workshop, the following three topics will be addressed:
- The challenge of stakeholder engagement: recommendations for the Mission Oceans
In this session we will identify issues, opportunities and tips for stakeholder engagement and the mission objectives over all lighthouses: Danube, Atlantic and Arctic, North and Baltic Sea region and Mediterranean Sea. The following questions will be addressed:
- How can companies, policy, citizens, science and other associations support circularity, carbon neutrality, prevention and removal of pollution, protection and restoration of aquatic ecosystems?
- How can we all emotionally (re-)connect with the ocean and what is the role of sustainable blue economy?”
- How can research and innovation act as a key catalyst and where lies the power of citizen involvement?
- From theory to practice/from science to policy: enhancing stakeholder engagement
- In this session we examine how to enhance stakeholder engagement in the development of research & innovation regional policies. We focus on the Open Discovery Process in the context of Smart Specialisation Strategies (S3).
- Finetuning a tool for stakeholder engagement methodology assessment and selection targeted to the MO
- In this session we demonstrate a digital tool for stakeholder engagement methodology recommendation in MO that has been developed within the scope of the PREP4BLUE project.