Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to be a part of something truly impactful!
The inaugural Citizen Science Campaign, as part of the BlueMissionAA project, will take place online (Zoom and YouTube Channel) on 6 October 2023 at 1-3 PM UCT
The mission is to bring together citizens, civil society, organisations, associations, NGOs, school programs, private companies, universities, research centres, and projects funded by the “Mission Ocean: Restore our Ocean and Waters” initiative of the European Commission. Together, they will aim to work towards the preservation and restoration of the Atlantic and Arctic marine and coastal ecosystems and biodiversity.
An extraordinary lineup of speakers will share their expertise and insights on the preservation and restoration of these vital ecosystems:
- Claudia Pecoraro (Policy and Communication Officer of Healthy Seas and Ocean Unit, DG Research and Innovation, European Commission)
- Nicole Biebow (Head of International Cooperation Unit, Alfred Wegener Institute, Helmholtz Centre for Polar and Marine Research)
- John Bryden (Head of Improving Rivers, Thames21)
- Susanne Schäfer (Post-Doctoral Fellow and member of MARE-Madeira)
- Vera Hausner (Head of Arctic Sustainability Laboratory, University of Tromsø)
- Elena Blanco Fernández (PhD Civil Engineer in the Construction Technology Applied Research Group (GITECO), Universidad de Cantabria)
The esteemed moderator for this event will be Jose Luiz Moutinho, BlueMissionAA project coordinator, and Chief Business & Networking Officer at AIR Centre.
To reserve your spot, please register for the session using the following link: https://bit.ly/3PJlgJm
Can’t make it to the live session? No worries! You can also watch the recording on the BlueMissionAA YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdf6l1_mjc