“One Ocean, One Mission, One Decade – One Voice”
The EurOCEAN 2023 conference will take place on 10-11 October 2023 as an in-person event at the Auditorio y Palacio de Congresos Mar de Vigo, Vigo, Galicia, Spain.
EurOCEAN conferences are major European marine science-policy conferences organized every 4-5 years. They provide a forum for the marine and maritime research community and wider stakeholders to interface with European and Member State policymakers and strategic planners. The aim of the EurOCEAN 2023 science-policy conference is to highlight the synergies between the EU Mission: Restore our Ocean and Waters by 2030, other EU research and innovation, and management initiatives, and the UN Decade of Ocean Science for Sustainable Development. EurOCEAN 2023 will attract marine policy makers, marine scientists, science stakeholders and communicators, maritime industry representatives and European and national decision makers and programme managers, i.e. those that set, manage and implement the marine science agenda.
- Enabling ecosystem-based management for fisheries and conservation
- Addressing pharmaceutical pollution from inland to sea
- Transforming ports at the interface between land, society and the Blue Economy
- Ensuring ocean knowledge in the age of the Digital Ocean
- Changing humanity’s relationship with the ocean: youth and art as agents of change
- Resilience of coastal cities (tbc)
- What’s next: rallying actions for our Ocean and Waters
Register here by Friday 15 September 2023.
The draft conference programme is now available here.
If you have any questions, please contact the EMB Secretariat at email@example.com.