Join the next edition of the Blue Economy Science Summit (BESS), where representatives from science, industry and policy meet. The focus of this year’s edition will be the game-changing aspects of digitisation in the Blue Economy. Under the theme of “The Digital Sea” the event promises a dynamic platform for networking, knowledge exchange, and active participation in shaping the future of the blue economy.
This year, BESS takes on an international dimension, as one of the key events of the Belgian EU presidency – providing inspiration and demonstrating the leading position of Flemish and Belgian companies and organisations in the development of a Digital Sea. The event kicks off a new innovation cycle for the Baltic and North Seas as part of the EU Mission Restore our Ocean and Waters. Attend BESS and explore how promising technologies will be supported and developed to address the challenges and opportunities in the sustainable blue economy. Learn more about the Mission and discover opportunities for engagement.
- Thematic Focus: Opt for a comprehensive deep dive in offshore security, multi-use, sustainable blue economy and Mariparks, or go for shorter sessions on AI and big data.
- Notable Keynote Speakers: Gain insights from renowned experts who will share their perspectives on the digital revolution’s impact on the marine industry.
- OECD will conclude the day highlighting the significance of public marine data and its implications for the sustainable blue economy.
- Date: Thursday 23 May 2024, 14:00 until 19:00
- Venue: Thermae Palace, Koningin Astridlaan 7, 8400 Oostende
- Registration: register before 10 May 2024 using the online registration form