Blue Mission BANOS’ 1st Mission Arena will take place on 14-16 November in Gothenburg (Sweden).
The event will inspire, engage and support a wide range of stakeholders across the Baltic and North Sea in making the Blue Economy carbon-neutral & circular by 2030, in line with EU Mission Ocean’s objectives.
Through a wide range of interactive sessions, workshops, pitching events, demonstrations and study visits, the 1st Mission Arena will serve as a laboratory to (1) pave the way to innovative solutions, (2) showcase local, regional and national approaches to create a transition to a circular, carbon-neutral blue economy in the Baltic and North Sea, and (3) provide concrete pathways to Mission Ocean’s success in the area.
The 1st Mission Arena will focus on the local and regional communities of Germany (Baltic | Schleswig-Holstein), Denmark (East) and Sweden (South). It will address the following main themes:
- Blue food, bioresources, biotechnology
- Low-trophic Aquaculture & Products
- Ocean and coastal plans in the Region
- Multi-Use Solutions
- Renewable Energy
- Citizen Engagement
Together, stakeholders will explore the following:
- Existing Technical Solutions & Innovation Gaps
- Finance & Funding / Suitable Business Models
- Regulations & Decision-Makers / Who decides what and where?
- Matchmaking, Networking, Showcasing / B2S, B2B, B2G, C2B&G&S
During the Mission Arena, the following will take place:
- Innovative solutions demonstrated indoors, outdoors and in the water
- Co-creation and collaboration activities like Hackathons, workshops etc.
- Pitching sessions and investor calls
- Presentations on enablers for the blue transition to carbon neutrality including EU programmes, testbeds and startup support.
- Citizens’ engagement activities
All stakeholders active or interested in the Baltic and North Sea are welcome to join, contribute and learn from these experiences.
More information and registration details can be accessed on the Blue Mission BANOS website here.